Friday, December 4, 2009

An Evening Walk

For those who wish to see a cheerful fun filled post this may not sound inviting. You may wish to stay back. I have tried my hand once again at a senti post. Once you finish reading this post, in all likelihood, you will get a feeling of watching a Cheran’s film. Cheran is one director turned actor who produces and directs emotion packed films set up against the backdrop of a village with the plot revolving around its cultural milieu. The hero himself weeps for the most part in those films. A kerchief or two may come to your rescue. Though I belong to the fortunate lot who missed those films, I can still assure you that this is of the same genre. There is nothing special about this post-this is just run of the mill.

It was the day after I bid adieu to the University exams. For the past one month I was stuck in the thick of it and its all over now. It left me listless. I just sat around the whole day doing nothing constructive. It was a wilful and deliberate seclusion from the demands of the competitive world. I decided to take a few hours off from my laptop, a break from the excitement of Google-Orkut-Facebook, from the obsession of the virtual world and meet the real world. With no enticing options before me, I decided to take a long walk to rejuvenate myself and regain my lost temperament. A walk away from the cacophony of everyday life. A walk without caring a whit on what next.

When I stepped from my home I was completely clueless as to where to go. I walked in a slower pace which is rather an unusual thing. I walked to engage my senses and just breathe in the fresh evening air. It was raining all through the day. I felt the fresh wind blowing across my face. It was relaxing and rejuvenating to walk across the road less traveled. I could feel the tranquillity and privacy which deeply reflected my mood. I embraced the solitude as I walked past the road and it reminded me of the poem by Robert Frost

“But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep”

I then walked through the streets where I spent the most part of my childhood. I engaged myself in unforgettable experiences. I walked past the tanned buildings standing erect for over a decade losing all its architectural beauty. I have seen them grow storey by storey. Those buildings have stood the test of time. Now it looked like the few old buildings shown in the Paint advertisements. I walked past the house where I lived. I remembered my little mischievous adventures. I remembered how I used to gloat over my victory by calling the flower vendor from behind him and escape the scene when he turns back. I remembered how I used to climb up through the windows to get the scale (my mother’s tool to lick me into shape) from loft and break it into pieces as a defence. I looked at the street whose length I used to measure by running to and fro holding my friend’s hand. I felt the dormant child in me raising its head. I wondered how melancholy struck me down the lane as I grew up. The Power of Time. This lady, now sans all the vigour, boldness and liveliness which was once vibrant.

I returned home with some good memories. Back to the place to get glued to the net once again. Back to find my forte, to play my part where I have the liberty of designing it, to raise my game, to face the reality. I know that I am too young to verbalize on the passage of Time for I have not reached the evening of my life yet. I don’t know what prompted me to scribble these. May be the song of Enya “Who can say where the road goes, Where the day flows, only time?” which I was hearing since morning brought out the Cheran in me.

Hope to be back with a cheerful post!

22 comments:

  1. hey this is not quite a senti post as yu say...a more sensible post to show how we are lost in the virtual world forgeting the real happyness and frshness....yeah time to time we need to tak some break like this....reminds me when i go back to goto my childhood places...romba nandri pa ...cya around...new mokai wrote..parungoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...soo emotional n sentimental prasee? wassup?
    neways it touched a chord with me....i could relate to that feel wen u walk alone on the road..lost in memories...an experience of a different kind...
    gud one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRASEE!! Cheer up di... yen yen yen indha kola veri?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi prasee, thats a awesome narration, u can start writing a book, i bet u can write in volumes...think u need some real work to do(jus kiddin)....but thats a cool story about u up there...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. kollam.. ee blog okke ezhuthumbo eathu dictionary aanu use cheyyuka ennu paranju tharamo? enikkum kurachu english padikkana:)

    college il course ellam theeraraya samayath njanum ingane kure senti adichu nadannirunu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thats a neat post yaar :)
    Everyone gets nostalgic sometimes :)
    Lets hope CHERAN reads this blog ;)


    love ur blog :)
    u have a new follower...


    keep blogging
    cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hary- Thanq..Nice to hear that there are people like me who would like to be nostalgic at times.

    @Deepika and Ameer Banu-Thanks for the encouragement. Keep Reading

    @Sandhya-Enakke idhu pidikkala ..I didnt want to read it myself..just like that posted..

    @Rakesh-Seriyanu vattu elagi eathandu okke ezhudhi pidippichu..Pinne oxford dictionary aanu ubayokkikkunne...aarodum parayanda keto..

    @Sathish- Thanks for visiting mine.Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Barbra Streisand song comes to my mind:

    Memries
    Like the corners of my mind
    Misty water-colored memories
    Of the way we were

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats indeed a very good post Pris Ponne. You have made lot of introspection through this post. I am very happy for you. You are growing fantastically in your thinking. Wishing you all the very best da. Have a blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ithu kollarunnu keto....hiran

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds more lik a ART PICTURE !! And who said its senti ! we al face this n u made us feel it with ur Blog ! amazin.. the few mins i read it was lik a walk thru everyday reality that we all refrain from accepting :)
    Good work !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @SG- Thanks for visiting my blog.
    @ Maddy Sir-Thanks a lot for the encouragement. Thanks for the blessings !

    @Hiran- Atlast its nice to hear that u liked my post
    @Roo- Does it sound like an Art Picture! Oh can i expect an award then! LOL! Thanks for visiting mine .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you and your family. Waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post! Very well written.

    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely post it is... making me feel like breaking the bond of facebook and google and talk a walk... to look at the real life... beautiful post...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing Praseela Mol a Happy Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of all your posts, this tops in my ranking! Excellent description of thoughts and a mastery over the language is exhibited in this. Well started with Cheran and well ended with 'Evening of life'. Guess wat, miles to go before i sleep made me nostalgic. I used to have a crush on those words lol...Keep it up! well written!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Chandrika-Thanks for visiting my blog.
    @Rajlakshmi- Thanks for your comments.
    @Raji- Nostalgic is one such wonderful word that everybody wish to spell out .Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Maddy sir- I am fine. Hope the same from you. I hope to be back soon with a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Long time. No post. Pls don't disappoint us. Waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow ...so well written ..amazing :)

    ReplyDelete